Wednesday 21 June 2017

Male Room Fireworks


     A new challenge at The Male Room starts today, we would like to see a masculine project featuring fireworks. I couldn't find a 'celebration' die in my stash so I chose to make my card for my Christmas stash box.
     Using dark blue card I stamped a splodge in 2in1 glue, let it go clear and then covered it with transfer foil. To get a really smooth coverage I ran the card with the foils on through my Bigshot, this can give a nice even pressure much stronger than I can by hand.
    The skyline is die cut in the same blue card but I've inked the edge with Distress Oxide to lighten it, then added a few neon yellow dots for lit up windows. This layer was stuck flush on to the background.
    I played around with several colours for the die cut greeting and finally settled on a blue mirri card. It's a very simple card, just right for a male relative who doesn't celebrate Christmas.
    Please pop over to The Male Room blog for lots more sparkling inspiration.



I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Sweet Stampin' - Anything Christmas   (M)
A Snowflakes Promise - Anything Christmas   (M)



5 comments:

  1. Wow - love the metallic shimmer on those gorgeous fireworks blasts! And the skyline die cut is just fantastic. Great work. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fireworks are so spectacular all shimmery and sparkly. And I adore how you inked up your skyline die cut, really glows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT card, love the metallic effect and the windows in your skyline.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your fireworks and I like the colours you used. Fantastic idea that you add the city. You made such a beautiful card :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sparkle and shine of the firework!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.