Wednesday 14 May 2014

Card In A Block

      This fortnight at The Male Room we are looking for a masculine project made with a moving part, it could be a card or a gift as long as it's for a man or boy.
      My son has a birthday this month and he's an avid Minecraft player, I must say out of all the games I've seen so far this one actually has me interested too. The whole world is cubed so when I saw a card in a box I thought of Minecarft.
     I have used a tutorial I found here, it's very easy to follow. With a few adjustments I made my green card cube ready to decorate. Then came the lucky find, a Minecraft annual in a charity shop, we have our own already but this lucky find was one I would be allowed to cut up without the threat of being banished to the Nether (Minecraft underworld).
      At this point I would like to point out that this card is for my son, not for profit but maybe a little gain. I have no intention of breaking any rules by making this, it's for him because he'll love it and I love him!!
     The green backing paper used on the cube under the flaps was made by colouring individual cells on a spreadsheet in various shades of green, once you have a few done you can copy them to fill up the page.
     You have two weeks to make something with a moving part for a man or boy, so please pop over to The Male Room and take a look at the DT inspiration.


I would like to enter this cube in the following challenges:
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes
Through The Purple Haze - Anything Goes (For A Male)
UnstampaBelles Challenge - A Special Person

17 comments:

  1. Wow this is wonderful and I'm sure he will love it. I must check out Minecraft as maybe I'm the only person around who hasn't heard of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genius! I think the Minecraft in a box is fabulous and I have to say that my daughter would love this one too! So lucky to find the annual to decorate it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super i am in awe of anyone who can make boxes as no matter how hard i try mine are a horrible mess....lol.....super and i love the image and thought behind it..

    Fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure he will love it - and don't worry Val, I hadn't heard of it either! have to admit I'm not keen on making these, far too fiddly - but I may have to have a go......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your box, they're great fun to make aren't they? and the spreadsheet paper is grill! Personally I couldn't make head nor tail of Minecraft !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous work. Thank you for sharing with un on UnstampaBelles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful project! I would like to try this sometime!! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness a Minecraft card! My two boys are into this game too and would love your box. I love making these box cards they are always impressive!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very neat card creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous project. Love all the details of your box.. Thanks for joining us over at TTPH.

    DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. A special article for a special person indeed. Love it -my grandson is obsessed with minecraft so I recognised the passion! Thanks for sharing this wonderful card with us at Unstampabelles for our current challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love box cards and yours is awesome. Great in everyway. Love it!!
    Thanks for joining Through the Purple Haze challenge.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a special creation for your special guy. Thanks for sharing it at CFTH.
    Cheers Nicole DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! I love these box pop up cards. So effective. I love the Minecraft theme on it.

    Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.

    Lucy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  15. My boys would love this Minecraft box card!! I bet your son will love this! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for entering our current challenge '#31 A Card For A Male' over in the "Left Of Centre" Challenge Blog.

    What a great box card. Love the fact you have used a minecraft book from a charity shop! I don't know the fascination with minecraft but boys seem to love it. Genius!!

    I hope you will pop over and join us for more of our future fortnightly challenges. We have great sponsors so we always have great prizes to win.

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx LOC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for entering Unstampabelles. What a fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.