Wednesday 8 May 2013

Sparkling Flakes

     My Christmas card for this week is based on a sketch from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. 
    As soon as I saw the sketch I knew I had just the right embossing folder for the job, Crafts Too Snowflake Banner.
    I have used some thick white pearl paper to emboss and then gone over the snowflakes with pva dries clear glue and clear glitter to give them some sparkle.
    I tried a few versions with colouring the plaque in the middle but they didn't look right so I've opted for the plain and simple look.
    I've added a greeting in the centre and two snowflakes either side. The little flake on the plaque has a small clear gem on it.
    The snowflake panel is mounted on a small layer of blue and then on a white card covered with the same pearl paper so it matches. I love blue and white any time of year but at Christmas it's great with silver and my favourite snowflakes.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Sparkles Christmas Challenge - Favourite festive colours

9 comments:

  1. Rocky, this is absolutely STUNNING! I LOVE the gorgeous shine and the marvelous use of dry embossing! Absolutely brilliant, friend!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant and attractive - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card and love all the glitter.Thanks for joining in with us over at Sparkles Christmas.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is fabulous! I love the sparkle and shine and the embossed snowflakes are just super for a Christmas card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW WOW WOW!!! this is stunning!!!!
    so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
    Rose GD

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Rocky, snowflakes are a Christmas fave of mine and I'm with you on silver, white and blue being perfect for snowflakes! I have that embossing folder and it is just the thing with that layout - thanks for that nudge! A clean, simple but stunning card - and I love the sparkle!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at 52 {C}CT again, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet this is really shimmery and gorgeous in real life! I think going clean and simple, rather than adding color to the center panel, was a good call. I'm glad you shared this with us at 52{C}CT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! That embossing folder is just perfect for this sketch. Love everything about this card. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, so crisp and beautiful. Can't believe you achieved that by just embossing, but you did. Love the sparkly finish and the blue matting. Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.