Monday 13 May 2013

J&C Creations May Challenge - Armed Forces


     This months challenge at J&C Creations is Armed Forces. You may use anything to do with the armed forces past or present.
    I chose to use the past, living in East Anglia I am surrounded by WW2 airfields. When this post goes live I shall be working at Snetterton Park, a toy, model and craft shop built on the runway of the 96th Bomb Group airfield at Snetterton in Norfolk.
    I have always loved old aircraft and the sound of a Merlin engine is like no other, it reminds me of family and friends and how grateful I am that this country is a democracy.
    I have used scrapbook papers to cover the pages of my mini scrap book, cogs on the left and sky on the right. These photos were taken on a visit to a local aircraft museum at Flixton. The local farms are often ploughing up aircraft parts, many of these belonged to B17's .
    The sprockets are cut from greyboard using Spellbinder die S5-048 Sprightly Sprockets then covered with Distress Embossing Powder-Vintage Photo and finished off with the companion Distress Ink. Once finished they have a rusty look and feel to them. They have been stuck on to the page with Cosmic PVA dries clear glue.
    The small aircraft silhouettes in the sky are from Hobby Art stamp set -Flypast. The set has a Lancaster, Hurricane and Spitfire in two sizes plus the silhouettes and some scenery.
    Pop over to the challenge and have a look, plenty of ideas for male cards and we'd love it if you joined in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.