Wednesday 7 December 2022

Doodle Wreath


This months challenge at The Paper Funday is as always Anything Goes with a December twist of Holiday Time. This great digi stamp is from Varada Sharma, called Doodle Wreath.
     The larger card was made by fading the image to 50%, then laying the full strength image over the top and turning it 90degrees. Sounds complicated but believe me it's not, I'm not very tech savvy atall, all done in a basic version of Photoshop.
     The faded image I coloured in light green and the darker in dark green, I think it gives it some depth. A little Distress Ink Bundled Sage around the edge helped knock back the bright white. All the berries were coloured with a Christmas Red Stickles.
     A thin mat of red mirri card helps the red berries stand out a little more, this was then mounted on foam on a white card blank.

     The small card was inspired by the way a png image has a black background when viewed in my photo package, I rather liked it for a more masculine card. Again changed in Photoshop with a little tech support from my son, once he explained about a paint bucket symbol it made sense, choose the bucket, choose the colour and click where you want to tip the bucket!
     The berries on this one were coloured with red Liquid Pearls but this time I used plain red card for a mat and a silver peel off greeting to finish it off.
     Digital images are great, you can change the size, orientation and play around with them to achieve different effects. To see what else can be done with them pop over to The Paper Funday and have a look at the DT samples.


I would like to enter these cards in the following challenges:
Winter Wonderland - Anything Christmas Goes
The 12 Months of Christmas - #95 Anything Christmas Goes
CraftyHazelnut's Christmas - #623 Anything Christmas
The Holly and Ivy - Anything Christmas

3 comments:

  1. Such a clever way to create a much fuller wreath! I've got to try this technique, because I'm not computer savvy either. Thanks for another lovely team project for The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both versions are so beautiful! The black background gives it a chalkboard look which I always love so much!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Digital is GREAT, love how you have done the shading, I must try that, what a wonderful idea. Yep! Those tools in PS are super, aren't they? I love how you printed the black card, very clever to change the colour of the wreath also. Both are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.