Saturday 9 March 2019

Splat Cat


     I know, another splat card, I can't promise not to post more but I will try and show some other work too....honest. This one is for a friends special birthday, let's just say it's a bit of a Saga and today's the day, it was delivered last night so it's alright to post now.
     Using my stamp platform and my splat stamp I inked up with Distress Oxides, spritzed with water containing pearl mica powder and stamped.
     A lot of my friends are cat lovers, as am I, so it just had to be one of Lavinia's silhouette cats. As he seems to be looking up, a tree branch with a tiny fairy squatting on it completed the picture.
     A little colour added to the edge after rounding the corners knocked back the white and a black mat layer makes the silhouettes stand out.
     A gorgeous lilac Stardust card layer was added before going on to a white card blank to finish off. There is no greeting on the outside as I felt the image was enough on it's own, there is a short message inside but that's staying a secret.
 
   


 Another of our group has made the cake so I have made a small needle felted cat to go on top. By the time this is published the cake will be gone, but hopefully the cat will have survived. This little fellow is my third felting project so he's quite basic, if I progress with felting I hope to make another cat or two.
   



I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Show Us Your Pussycats - Anything Goes/St.Catricks Day
   Little Red Wagon - Animals
Dream Valley - 4 Legged Friends

5 comments:

  1. Love the card and the little felt cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card! The colours are lovely. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really gorgeous. The background is stunning and I love how the silhouette kitty stands out so well.
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges. =^..^=
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card and a beautiful felted cat! Whose is the splat stamp? I would love to get one! Thanks for sharing! Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The splat stamp is from Inkylicious, this is the larger of the two sizes available.

      Delete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.