Sunday 23 December 2018

I-Zink Snowflake


     This card was made using I-Zink droppers on acetate, with a twist. The droppers come in a variety of colours, some are pearlescent too.
     The acetate is coloured when the inks are dropped on one sheet and another sheet is 'squished' on top of that, it's a bit like making ink blots but with acetate instead of paper. Once pulled apart, when still wet, the result is two pieces of unusually patterned acetate.
     The twist for this one was a die cut snowflake made from masking sheet was added to one piece of acetate before using the inks, the fun came when I tried to peel the masking sheet off without messing up the snowflake, but it worked.
     Having masked off part of the acetate I had some clear area showing so my backing card had to be something simple but special, for a snowflake this had to be white and sparkly.
     Sticking acetate down can be tricky, the adhesive has to be strong and invisible. Double sided sticky sheet is perfect for this, nice and strong and with an all over sticky there are no marks showing.
      The white glitter card was cut just a little larger than the acetate so there would be a sparkly mat layer before going on to a purple mat to bring out the odd bits of matching colour in the inky background.
      Using some white texture paste and a stencil I added some randomly placed snowflakes over the card and sprinkled them with iridescent glitter. The greeting was stamped and embossed in silver, then die cut with a hole in the middle and mounted on foam pads to show the tiny snowflake underneath.
     

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
International Art & Soul - Add Some Sparkle
Winter Wonderland - Anything Christmas
Creatalicious - Christmas Snowflakes

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful result and an interesting use of the acetate.I love to use acetate on cards but not sure I would have the patience to create myself.That's a good tip on using a sticky sheet for ataching the acetate. Now that I will try! Hugs mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This card is gorgeous! I have never heard of I-Zink, I am going to google it when I leave your blog! This card is wonderful!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at International Art & Soul. We hope to see you often in the New Year!

    Hugs,
    Chriss - DT- INAS
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning snowflake card, love the colours. Thank you for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland Christmas challenge, hope you can join us again soon - Janice DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your card is gorgeous. I love the ink blitz technique you described, especially using glitter card stock. I am going to have to try this, its so pretty. Thanks sharing your project with us.
    Thank you joing the International art & soul sparkle challenge.
    Debbie INAS DT

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.