Wednesday 18 July 2018

The Male Room Surprise


     The new challenge at The Male Room is to use something unexpected on your masculine project.
     I chose to use a bottle top, once put through the die cut machine it comes out flatter and with a rather nice almost cog like edge to it.
     This one is going to be used to frame my sentiment, printed and die cut the card was stuck to what would have been the inside of the bottle top. Then I stuck a glass cabochon over the top, which gives a great magnifying effect.
     The card used is a very dark blue, it is stamped and embossed in clear, now this was a mistake as I had planned on using white embossing powder but picked up the wrong pot. I decided I liked the effect as it was more subtle, I then used a white pen to add some more dots just to lift it a little.
     The blue card was mounted on a white card blank before I stuck the bottle top on. This is not really a postal card as the glass makes it a bit thick, next time I will use some glossy accents to keep it thinner but still get that shine over the sentiment.
     Please come and join us at The Male Room with your masculine creations, don't forget to add something unexpected, there's lots of inspiration over on the challenge blog to help get you started.



I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Crafty Sentiments - Add A Sentiment   (W)
Use Your Stuff - Birthday   (W)
Pile It On - Vintage/Retro   (M)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, love your idea with the bottle top, Rocky! I am so happy to create projects with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool embossing!! Love the bottle cap. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card - clean, crisp and elegant! The addition of the white accents really gives it a pop. And the bottle top is wonderful. Great take on the challenge. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I love the bottle cap idea! I would never have thought to do that! Very cool! Thanks for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.