Wednesday 20 June 2018

Jake and Elwood Play The Male Room


     The new theme at The Male Room is 'Inspired by a film title'. This was made with a friend in mind, his birthday isn't until October but there's nothing wrong with getting ahead, or two.
     I had a stamp for the glasses, although I did have to colour in the lenses to make them sunglasses, but I had no stamp for the hat. A quick look in the stash and I found some thin foam sheet, I drew a hat and cut it out. With a glue stick and my stamp press I put the cut foam on the lid and stamped my card, the best thing I have found with a stamp press is I can go over the image again in exactly the same place, perfect for silhouettes as they don't always come out first time.
     After stamping the hats and glasses I changed over to using a media plate to get the rectangle. Using red, yellow and blue inks I brayered the media plate and stamped on my card, twice to get the best coverage. To add a little interest to the edges I stamped a few music notes around in black.
     I wanted to mount this image panel on a black card, so I used a white one and covered it with thin black card, wrapping the black over the folded edge by about half an inch to give a better finish.
     Before sticking the panel down I stamped over the black with a music stamp and white ink, just to lift the colour and draw attention to the plain black of the hats. A little touch to the glasses with a white pen and a small die cut greeting in black and white finished it off. Now all I have to do is put it somewhere safe until October when The Blues Brothers will play again.
     Please come and join us at The Male Room, any masculine project that follows our theme of film title inspiration.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Everybody Art Challenge - Birthdays   (M)
Try It On Tuesday - For The Boys   (F)
Unicorn Challenges - Masculine   (M)

4 comments:

  1. Great card and inspiration how to stamp the hat-love both the backgrounds
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool card! Brilliant! So pleased you shared it with us over at Try It On Tuesday! Thank you!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic fun card , the stamps look great.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.