Sunday 24 December 2017

Happy Christmas


     A relatively quick and easy card to make using one of John Nextdoor's media plates.  I never bought a jelly plate but often wondered about trying it, so when John brought out his Mixed Media Plates I decided to get one.
     These plates are amazing in that they hold the ink long enough for you to create a whole scene on them and then you just press it on to your card, plus being clear you can see what you've got straight away. I ended up buying several shapes and a stamp press so I shall be spending some time playing around with these.
     This image is one layer of colour stamped, then another layer of darker edge stamped, followed by snowflakes stamped on to the plate then on to the card. All these layers mean a stamp press is vital, especially for me as I know I couldn't line it all up again and again without making a real mess of it.
 
     Here's wishing you all a good holiday and crafty new year.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Christmas Cards All Year Round - Anything Christmas Goes   (M)
The Holly & The Ivy - Anything Christmas   (M)

1 comment:

  1. What a gorgeous card, I love the colors! Thanks so much for joining us at the Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.