Wednesday 17 February 2016

Monochrome Blues


     Welcome to our monochrome challenge at The Male Room. We would like to see a masculine project in any single colour.
     I chose to raid my stash and dug out an old Lace plate I have had for years, from the days before you could get a die to do it for you. This one was cut with a sharp knife using two tone paper, by the time I was finished I realised why it was at the bottom of a box! No wonder they make a die for this now. I love the effect but the need for a very sharp knife and patience, with the added stress of one small slip and it's ruined means there won't be many more like this, some things are best left behind.
     I do hope you find something to inspire you over on The Male Room blog, maybe you'd like to raid your old stash and add to my blast from the past!

I would like to try this in the following challenges just for fun:
Crafting Musketeers - Monochrome
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. I think you're a star - your patience was rewarded. This card is fantastic. I love the shades of blue and the beautifully cut design. Clean, crisp and just super! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This looks gorgeous...Hats off to your patience and efforts...well they sure did pay off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen anything like this before, you must have amazing patience and truly tremendous cutting skills. Worth it, though, it looks fab
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, patience and alot of work, great result too. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting Musketeers Challenge ☺ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief! Well Done. That is amazing, and my man loves geometric designs. Hmm...lace plate? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great design. Love the shape and all the blues. Thanks for sharing at Lemon Shortbread. Hope to see you back for our new challenge. Bettina DT Member Lemon Shortbread xx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.