Wednesday 30 September 2015

Leaf It Out


     It's an Autumn theme at The Male Room this challenge, just remember to make your project suitable for a man or boy.
     I have a stamp set in my stash with the most gorgeous leaves in various sizes, I also have a collection of mica powders in beautiful colours so what could be better than to use them together.
     The base card is a chocolate brown pearl card, dark card shows off mica powders so well. The wording is stamped and embossed in CS Bright Gold before adding the leaves, these are all stamped in Versamark and then dusted with a mix of green, gold, bronze and rust coloured mica's. I also stamped a spare small leaf and fussy cut it to mount on foam pads to add a little more interest. The mica panel was dusted to remove excess powder, then lightly covered with hair spray to fix it.
     The image panel is mounted on a thin layer of old gold paper and mounted on a Kraft card decorated with more leaves stamped with Versamark but this time dusted with brown chalk.
     Come and join us at The Male Room with your masculine autumn makes, pop over to the challenge blog and take a look at all the inspiration we have for you.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Make My Monday - Autumn Colours

8 comments:

  1. Welcome back! We've missed you. I think your card is fabulous. I really like mica powder they shimmer so much and the colours you've used on these leaves is perfect. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Those mica powders give such a gorgeous sheen to those leaves. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How gorgeous - just perfect for a guy too :-)
    Thank you for coming over to play along at ONE STITCH AT A TIME :-)
    Best wishes and Good Luck,

    IKE x

    DT for StitchyBear Digi Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card - love the leaves!!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mica powders! I have a gizzillion of them. I am gonna have to pull them out again! Your card has inspired me!



    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. Love the shimmer from the mica powders in those gorgeous autumnal colours. The little extra leaf is the perfect finishing touch
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous use of the mica powders - I need to CASE this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the technique and the gorgeous colours of this gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.