Monday 1 December 2014

Cornishware Inspiration

      We have a new range of stamps to play with this month from Creative Expressions. They are sold as singles, on U-Mount, cut out and ready to use.
     This stamp reminded me of my Grandmother's kitchen and Cornishware crockery.
     I began with a square white card blank and used Foundations card Cornflower Blue cut into strips placed across the front.
     The stamp used here is called Real Good, stamped on some more Cornflower card and embossed in Cosmic Shimmer Detail White.
     I have used a Spellbinder die Labels Seventeen to cut out the image. I wanted to have a small white border around the image but the next die bigger was too big, so I have drawn around the outside of the die I did use on white card and cut by hand, this has given me a small border to make it stand out from the stripes.
     The image panel is mounted on foam pads on top of the stripes. It looked a little empty around the image so I have decided to use parts of the background stamp called Sketched Utensils. Armed with a Perfect Medium Pen I have inked only the little images I wish to use and then stamped them on to the stripes, embossing in the detail white again. It would have been much easier to do this before mounting the panel but I didn't think of it then. There are ways around things if you think carefully and take your time, afterall, you wouldn't want to ruin what you've already made. Had it gone wrong I would have had to stamp them on spare card and fussy cut them to go over the mistake.

Materials Used
Real Good single stamp
Sketched Utensils single stamp
Cosmic Shimmer Detail White Embossing Powder
CS PVA Glue dries clear
Perfect Medium Ink Pad and Pen
Anti-static bag
Foundations Card - Cornflower Blue

                                                                                        
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
     Crafty Catz - Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Very cute card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Cindy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a nice card Thank you for joining Brown Sugar Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.