Friday 20 September 2013

Red, White and Kraft

      Here is this weeks Christmas card.
This one was inspired by the colour choice at 52 CCT and CraftyHazelnut's  request to 'cut it out'.
     I was recently lucky enough to find this Papermania 6x6 stamp in a sale bin for £1, now who could resist that!
     I chose to stamp and clear emboss on white card, then ink over with Distress Ink Festive Berries.
     I didn't want to put cut outs on top, that would be too easy, so I used some Sizzix Movers and Shapers to cut holes in my background instead.

      When I held this over my Kraft layer it looked a little dull, so I used some double sided sticky sheet under where my holes would be and covered them with Glamour Dust Crystal, this kept the Kraft look but added some sparkle.
     All that was left then was to cover the back of my die cut background with foam tape and stick it to my Kraft layer. I suppose you could say it's a bit of a back to front card but it was something I just had to try.
    

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Red, White and Kraft

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVE the cut outs and the glittery paper below them! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've done with the stamp - and what a bargain, I paid much more for mine - super card for both CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shapes die cut out of the stamped panel - and what a fab bargain that stamp was! The sparkle is a very festive touch - a great Christmas card Rocky! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at 52 {C}CT, hope to see you again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is wonderful! I love the the embossing and the pretty sparkle through the diecut shapes. Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Rocky - absolutely fabulous. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really was a bargain stamp love what you have done with it and the cut outs with the glitter.
    Hugs
    Margaret M

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has worked very well and what a bargain to get that stamp so cheaply.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.