Sunday 10 March 2013

Happy Mother's Day



Happy Mother's Day.  
  The yellow card is for my Mum and the mauve card is for my Mum-in-law.
  I started with a white card and coloured it with the palest Distress Ink in the colour range I was using, then I covered it with a mask from Crafter's Workshop called Mini Flower Frenzy and used two more Distress Ink's in slightly darker shades.
  With the mauve card I also used a silver mica powder over the card while the ink was still damp, this has given it a lovely sheen which you can see in the smaller photo, there is no need to spray fix the mica because the damp ink will have done that.
   The little bears are Penny Black stamps, there are four different poses available. The bears have been stamped in Archival Ink - Coffee and then coloured with watercolour pencils. I chose to use peel off letters as my hand writing is not really neat enough. Each bear is cut out with a Spellbinder die (I think it's called Wonky Squares?) and edged with Distress Ink before removing the die so I could get a perfect white edge.
The squares are mounted on foam pads and little gems of various sizes are added to some of the flowers.
   I don't make many cute cards but these bears are gorgeous so I couldn't resist, plus bears are Mum-in-laws favourite animal so it was meant to be. I haven't sent flowers or chocolate to my Mum, just an ink pad and some embossing powder which I know she will have much more fun with!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.