Wednesday 27 June 2012

Lace Glitter Bauble

 Here is this weeks offering for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge. With such a broad subject like glitter I was spoilt for choice, so many great techniques, which one should I try. I opted for the lace glitter technique I'd seen mentioned recently, I wish I could remember the authors name so I could give them credit because it's so easy and so effective, whoever you are Thank You.
I started by using double sided sticky film on a piece of grey board, then I cut out a bauble shape using a Spellbinder die. It was a little tricky as the die didn't cut right through so I had to use a pair of scissors just to finish off but all the hard work was already done.
If you peel off the top covering on the sticky sheet you can then lay your chosen piece of lace over the shape and gently tap it down so there are no wrinkles. Scatter the glitter over the shape and spread to cover all exposed areas, tap down gently to make sure all is firmly stuck. Return excess glitter to its pot.
 Next carefully remove the lace and you will see areas that are glitter free. Sprinkle your second colour over the shape, it will only stick where the lace was giving you a lacy glitter finish. Again tap down gently to get a firm hold and then remove any excess.
The wording was cut from a satin gold cardstock with a Sizzix long plate alphabet die Santas Workshop. The background is stamped with Penny Black Pine Silhouettes and mounted on gold, green and white card stock.
I find it very difficult to photograph anything glittery, it never seems to sparkle as much in the photo as it really does in the 'card'. If anyone has any tips I would be very grateful.

5 comments:

  1. I don't have any tips about photographing glitter--I struggle with it as well! I usually take a picture head on and then tilt it back to show the shine and take another one, but it never truly looks good. If you come across any ideas, let me know!

    This is an absolutely gorgeous card, though, Rocky!!! LOVE the ornament and the stamped branches atop it! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUst Gorgeous! Fabulous colours too. I LOve it.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card and soooooo glittery, perfect for our challenge at 52CCT - thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rocky, I've not seen this technique before but I think I'll give it a go...your Christmas bauble is so beautiful!
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, such a gorgeous effect and a lovely, luxurious, sparkly Christmas card Rocky!
    Thanks so much for joining us again at 52 CCT! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.